Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Jil Sander for Uniqlo Collection









Seems like the duo from Fashion Nation has gotten the scoop before I did, but then again, I'm a fan of theirs.... so doesn't matter.

If you haven't read their article yet here's the breakdown, german designer Jil Sander is creating a capsule collection for Uniqlo, not surprising since the Japanese market laps up her stuffs pretty much the instant it hits the shelves, plus I heard that she's hoping that the partnership would last longer then this one collection.

Anyway, taking a look at the photos online, seems that she has stuck to her trademark minimalism, and suppsoedly the entire line comes only in a neutral palette of black, white, grey, navy and eggplant. Bit of a bore if you ask me, but then again it'll match with anything in your wardrobe, a plus point in today's economy...

"I have always sought simplicity and high quality. Uniqlo is maufacturing highly functional fabrics and presenting them for a very reasonable price. I think its possible that if we put our strengths together, we can make pieces that are beautiful and comfortable, with simplicity, sophistication, and a sense of luxury as well. I think this is exactly what near-futuristic fashion truly is"

Considering tha pieces I've seen, I thik they've pretty much accomplished what she hopes for. Still no word whether the line would be available in Singpaore though, but I'm crossing my fingers...


No comments:

Post a Comment