Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Skincare Review: Sana Nameraka Honpo Soy Milk Moisturizing Cream

As always, school has started and immediately I'm fighting deadlines and the urge to leave assignments to be completed at the last minute. I seriously blame Republic poly, it screwed me over by having 3 years of zero homework and now I'm still trying my best to get my engine started on doing my assignments.

Anyway, today's review is a product that I've been raving about non-stop to my family and friends. I'm completely addicted to it, and its been the best skincare product that I've ever gotten my grubby hands on.

The product is:
Sana Nameraka Honpo Soy Milk Moisturizing Cream



The packaging is relatively simple and fuss-free, not something to display prettily on your vanity table. But while it lacks in the looks department, it's a super effective cream that's solved numerous skin problems that had been plaguing me for the longest time. It's packed with rich soybean isoflavone and ceramide which is the secret ingredient in this product as the isoflavone mimics female estrogen (a hormone) thus boosting collagen production in the skin and resulting in wonderful, soft, smooth and bouncy skin.


My skin bout 3 months ago, during my PMS once again. There's the usual breakouts and redness.


My skin last month, less breakouts but minor redness is still present.


My skin now, it isn't perfect during PMS as I do get occasional whiteheads and the rare pimple, but my skin's condition the best it's ever been for a really long time.



I used to suffer from really really bad breakouts everytime I had my PMS, the pictures from my previous reviews can attest to it. I also had this problem whereby, if I slept too often on one side, I would develop breakouts on that side, so I had to try and force myself to sleep face up to avoid that problem (all that suffering for beauty's sake >____<"). But with this little pot of miracle cream, all those problems have been left in the past. With regular use, I've also noticed that my skin looks more luminous and has a glow to it, the kind which SK-II models seem to have and my pores appear smaller and my skin is definitely smoother then before.




Texture: Thick and rich




Recommended skin type: All skin types (use less if your skin tends to be oily, I have combination skin, so I use less on my T-zone area)




Absorption rate: pretty fast, I don't get the sticky feeling I used to have with my previous night cream so honestly, I don't wash my face in the morning with a facial wash. I just splash some water and I'm good to go.



Amount needed: I use slightly more then the size of a large coin, because I also apply it to my neck. But each pot lasts me about a month and a half to 2 months, which is real value for money



Price: bout SGD$20 if I remember correctly, but Sasa tends to have occasional discounts from time to time, so I got my last pot for only SGD$16



Popularity: Constantly featured in Koakuma Ageha magazine's annual skincare and makeup poll and is always in the top 3 ranking for moisturizing cream (if it's good enough for a hostess, its good enough for me!) and various online sources claim that over 35 million of these little pots have been sold (not sure if its international figures or just in Japan alone)



Options available: 3 different series in this product line, the one featured here is from the moisturizing line, there's also a brightening (whitening) line and an anti-ageing line containing CoQ 10 to improve skin's elasticity to get rid of any fine lines


Plus points: It's free of fragrance, mineral oil and artificial colourants. And they use only organic soybeans in the production of their products (not crappy genetically modified ones) so it's really good for people with sensitive skin (like moi!)



I can't stop raving about this product, though I've yet to try out any of the other products in their line, so I'm planning to get a box of the facial masks soon. Anyway, if any of you guys remembered that I used Hada Labo products at one point, I've actually stopped using them after I realised the product was too rich for my sensitive skin. It caused me to develop really nasty breakouts, but my friend loves it as her skin is really dry, so do remember that while a product may work for me, another person may not achieve the same results I have due to different skin conditions and sensitivity and vice versa.

6 comments:

  1. I can definitely see the difference from the 3 months til now~ that's pretty amazing! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Tori - Yess! It's my mircale cream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reivew! Definitely a must-try!

    Acne is one factor that can make someone look older, but it’s definitely not inescapable. With the right lifestyle and skin care products, looking young and blemish-free is a dream not too far-fetched. More power to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The article is clearly written and every point is factual and is no-nonsense. I have surf the internet looking for topics such as these and it is here where I find it written and stated well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nicely written post it contains useful information for me.Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice, this makes me tempted 2 buy this.. may i know if sana nameraka is suitable for a 15 yr old girl?? nda mau slah pake, nnt abis muka >.<

    ReplyDelete