Monday, July 29, 2013

Birthday Celebration: Day 3 (Boyfriend's Date)

Last post about my birthday, sorry that it dragged so long.

On my actual birthday, I took leave from work and spent some quality time with the bf. We didn't do anything too fancy, just a day out together. It doesn't sound like much but it means a lot especially when I'm mostly too tired to bother to dress up and go out lately.

Wore this Dolly kei inspired outfit:
Inner shirt: Uniqlo
Lace Corset: 2nd hand from mom
Skirt: Snidel
Shawl: Borrowed from mom
Bag: Borrowed from mom
Shoes: Itti & Otto
 

Makeup was light with Dollywink No. 2 lashes and only mascara on my bottom lashes. Basic contouring was done and blush was applied just below my eyes.

We shopped abit before catching the movie Despicable Me 2 and had dinner at our favourite Japanese eatery.

Saw this sign on a display piece at Franc Franc, so funny!

The bf was pretty happy with the gift I got for him from Cosfest. It's a cat from the Monster Hunter game and for a home made toy, it's done exceedingly well! The body and tail can be bent to fit snuggly on your shoulder and attached by a pin on its belly.
 
Got some gifts from the bf too, he's always surprising me on my birthday, but he always gives me a clue to what he gets for me and I'm usually able to figure out from the clue hahah

Mawaru Penguindrum artbook!


It's so beautiful! I love the sketches and looking at how much planning it took for all the poses, there are at least 3-4 sketches with just minor differences in the hands and angling in a lot of scenes from the opening song and the Princess of the Crystal's entrance. It reminds me cosplay, where such minor details also affect the overall look and feel you get from a photo
 

He also got me a Princess of the Crystal nendroid. She's accompanying me at work now and yells at me to stop slacking off and get work done!
 
 
I had a really great time during my birthday this year and I'd just like to thank everyone who sent a birthday wish.
 
In the mean time, work has been getting more intense, I almost feel like I'm at a breaking point, but I'm telling myself to just ride it out, get tougher and learn from it. So apologies if I don't update as often as I'd like to, I'm just usually too tired to muster up the brain power to write a post. I do have some posts lined up, so I'll definitely get them out as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment