Sunday, October 27, 2013

Outfit of the Day: Pie Date

Bf and I went to check out this hip, not-so-new eatery called Windowsill Pies. Its a quaint, cosy eatery and was fairly packed that Sunday when we went.

Of course we ordered pies, mine is the Morello Cherry while the Bf's is Grasshopper. Mine was filled with cherries and had this lovely sugared shortcrust that complemented the tart flavours of the cherries. The Grasshopper was a chocolate cake base, mint cream and surprising little nuggets of salted cookie crumble on top and sandwiched between the cake and cream portions.

Ordered the Eggplant Tower as I was famished, however, I didn't expect the plate to be this huge! It was like an entire eggplant sliced and coated with breadcrumbs and fried and then smothered with a tomato sauce. I couldn't finish the entire plate despite tasting so good, so the Bf helped out and despite usually disliking eggplant, he actually liked it!

Bf's Mocha, kinda meh... nothing really special

My chai latte, wished the spices were stronger
 
It was the first time in a long while that I felt cheerful and happy that day. I wasn't quite sure what to wear, so I settled on something simple.

Woolen Sweater: Uniqlo
Shorts: Spiral Girl
Satchel: Taobao
Velvet Ribbon Hairband: Taobao

Camwhore that day. The ribbon and my short hair reminded me very much of Kiki from the Studio Ghibli film, Kiki's Delivery Service. I'm actually quite tempted to cosplay her haha
 
It was a fun and fairly relaxing day, just what I needed after leaving the unpleasant situation I was in. My moods still yo-yo quite a fair bit, I could be cheerful and happy one moment and then I'm depressed and crying the next. I'm trying to get back and my feet and its taking me longer then I anticipated, but no matter what, tomorrow always comes and I still have to keep putting one foot in front of the other, no matter how slowly, in order to move on.


No comments:

Post a Comment