Saturday, January 24, 2015

AFA 2014

Super late post again but I can't possibly miss blogging about the Anime Festival Asia (AFA) event that I went to last year as too many wonderful things happened there.

Firstly, I could only attend a day of the event due to work commitments but I happily attended the event with my Studio Ghibli group as Kiki!! It was a pretty comfy and easy costume except that I had to bind my chest, since Kiki's still a little girl. 
Friends I met during the day

The one exhibit I couldn't miss was the Psycho Pass booth!! I zoomed straight to it upon entering the event space and was like a rabid fangirl, snapping multiple pictures from all angles.

The event was also the first time I ever joined a cosplay competition! I usually don't bother with such things as I prefer to cosplay as a fun, social thing instead of dealing with it competitively. However, during the day, the invited guest cosplayers were allowed to roam around the event space and were tasked to find "representatives" for the cosplay competition. I was lucky enough to be picked by Hyko though when I got backstage and saw all the amazing armour, LED lights and fancy props, I felt incredibly out of place with my broomstick. I didn't win anything naturally, but it was a fun experience nonetheless and I hope I did Hyko proud.

Pic of my amazing Ghibli girls team, can you tell who belongs to which movie?

Flying off after the event!! Pic courtesy of Val.

Thanks to the competition, I managed to get up close and personal with some of the invited guest cosplayers. Hyko is the Gackt cosplayer and she's super hawt in real life, she's really friendly and sweet. I also finally got a card from Reika and Kaname *squeal*!!! Kaname is also super friendly and even went out of his way to tell me he liked my costume and greeted me again when I happened to cross his path after the competition, he wanted to autograph his card but the marker ran out of ink :(

The event tore thru my already slim wallet but I don't regret my purchases one bit! I bought the Sailormoon brooch powder and wand lipbalm. The Psycho Pass folder was a freebie.


My most expensive anime purchase everwas this Dominator Proplica from the series, Psycho Pass. I'm still waiting for it to be shipped over so no pic, but you can watch this guy's review of it (though its in Japanese, but the video is captures everything). 


Last but not least, I found myself being filmed during the competition, see if you can spot me!

AFA was definitely one of the most memorable events I've had in awhile. 



No comments:

Post a Comment