Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Comic Fiesta 2014

Last cosplay event of 2014!!! I once again headed up to Kuala Lumpur for the Comic Fiesta event as I really enjoyed myself last year. 

Took a bus ride this time instead of a plane.  Got super awesome reclining seats with leg rests so it was really comfy on the way over. 

During day1, Selicia, Jo, Candy and I cosplayed characters from Shingeki no Kyojin. I was surprised at the reception we got, as I figured that people were already sick of seeing Shingeki cosplayers

On day 2, Jo, Zephyous and I debuted our cosplay of the movie Redline. If you haven't seen it yet, you really must sit down and ready yourself to be blown away by everything it contains! Exciting car races, handsome cool men, sexy car babes, super catchy soundtrack and did I mention, 7 years of hand drawn animation!!! I mean, no one bothers with hand drawn stuff anymore!!

Friends we met, Lokie and Vivianne, who are cosplaying characters from Space Dandy. It was hilarious to watch Lockie and Zeph engage in "hair war" they looked like narwhales clashing with their horns.

Met new people too and caught up with some like Cvy who was so adorable, and I finally got to meet Lenneth. She's someone I've admired for a long time for her dedication to cosplay and the skills she's developed through it. She was really laid back and funny. 

Bought lots of styff, I really love walking around the artist booths at Comic Fiesta, the quality of work an creativity are amazing. Favourite buys are the top left poster (which i plan to frame and display soon), the Sailormoon artbook, Sailormoon cleaning cloth (that I now bring with me everywhere I go) and the Rex Regrets poster. Rex Regrets is a super hilarious local comic about a T-rex and the problems he encounters due to his large head and small arms, the artist is really fun in real life and was really sporting in personalizing posters when autographing them.

Favourite thing to do at a hotel is to use the bath tub. This time, I came equipped with an Evangelion bath salt packet that Esther had gotten for me ages ago. My Japanese is horrendous, so I can't read bout the benefits it has, but it did leave a lovely purplish hue in the water and my sensitive skin felt softer after the bath.

Ate like a king during my trip, these are just some of the food that I actually remembered to take a pic of. 

An overnight cosplay event isn't an event unless you're partying the night away. The place to be is of course, the ever elusive Shatter Dome. Lots of gossip, drinks, laughter and even famous Filipino cosplayer, Liui Aquino, known for his Hiccup, Jack Frost and Hiro cosplays, popped by. I didn't bother to take a pic with him as I was too tired by then.

A local friend, June, took us to this amazing Mexican bar called Calavera. The decor was a mixture of Rockabilly, steampunk piping, and lots of Sugar Skull motifs tossed all around. The drinks were top notch and the music and vibe even better. 

Pic of the amazing gang I travelled with. From left, June, Jo, Marvin, Rescend and me. 

My friend Kaika also took this video of the event. See if you spot me, though I have to say, I didn't mean to look so constipated and nervous, I was just worried bout looking bad as this was my first ever cosplay that showed my tummy, an area that I'm not too fond of showing on a regular basis. 

I'll probably be slowing down abit on cosplay as I wanna save up money to travel and get things settled for the future. I most certainly will not stop, but priorities change sometimes I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment