Monday, April 14, 2014

J- Obsession 2014

I attended the smaller cosplay event, J-Obsession, early this month and it was more like a gathering of friends to me then an actual event. I didn't really get my pictures taken during the two days I went but I had fun meeting up with friends and getting to know new people too.

Cosplayed as Junko from Danganronpa for day 1, and I'm glad I chose to cosplay that character as it was easy to move around the crowded event space. I also used a new push-up bra to create Junko's insanely large boobs and they were quite effective though I did get a pervert who kept openly staring at my chest. Ewwww....

For day 2, I went to the event space earlier to catch the latest movie of Tiger & Bunny.I definitely prefer this movie compared to the first one though I was annoyed with some changes made to the characters such as Origami Cyclone's awful hair! 

Cosplayed as Karina again (Blue Rose's civilian clothes) for the movie and it never fails to surprise me at how people have completely no idea who I am cosplaying even if they are fans of the series. Sad but true fact.


Silly fangirl faces with the movie poster outside the cinema 

I spent the day accompanying Alex and Mini who were cosplaying Barnaby and Kotetsu. Here's a perfect hubby & wifey moment hahahah

Met some other Tiger & Bunny cosplayers at the movie too

Friends that day and I finally got to talk with Peggy, one half of the amazing Peggy and Darcy cosplay partners. I felt so bad always not talking to her but to her partner despite him being from Aussie and she being local, but she recognised me and said Hi! Was also amused at Selicia's cosplay that day, her sad/puzzled brows made her look really adorable even if she was screaming or irritated. No one could take her seriously that day.

Mini's mini Wild Tiger figurine just hanging around on her suspenders

Jean is a natural Satsuki (from Kill la Kill), I mean look at her, she isn't even really trying.

This guy did a really funny cheap cosplay of Ragyo from Kill la Kill, gotta admire his guts

And omg!!! a super cute and utterly squishable chibi Ryuko, I wanted to hug her so bad

Khym Chi cosplaying as the male lead from the anime Kyoukai no Kanata, and trying to get me to wear a apair of spectacles (his obsession). Hell no!

Ended the day with Wild Tiger digging into some lime sherbet

I was also able to get up close and personal with the Japanese guest cosplayer, Naoya, during the meet and greet session. However, I once again got tongue-tied and didn't ask for an autograph or a picture with her. I'm really happy that I got her cosplay card, and it'll join my collection. I'm just incredibly happy that this is my third card of the amazing VENaS.S performing cosplay team of Japan as I managed to snag cards from 2 other members, Ginga Ion and Martha Asahi, awhile back!

Things haven't changed much for me thus far, been sending out resumes and getting occasional paid gigs for odd jobs. It's allowed me to experiment abit and experience things I wouldn't normally have if I was still working. One example was me acting in a small film production, I was a strict teacher and had only one line (one word to be exact!) but the experience was fun. I've signed up to play as an extra in another film production at the end of the month, but I haven't gotten news if I've been selected yet, so crossing my fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment